St Paul’s Anglican Church was one of several Anglican churches built in the city in the early colonial period. For many years the city’s Anglican community worshipped at Holy Trinity on North Terrace, St Luke’s in Whitmore Square, and St…

Arriving in the colony on December 28, 1847, Bishop Augustus Short, brought with him £1000 and plans to build a Gothic-style Anglican cathedral. The next year he was granted an acre of land in the centre of Victoria Square. However the Corporation…

Holy Trinity is the perfect introduction to the city because of its connection to South Australia’s early settlement. This church is one of the oldest buildings in the city. It has been in this prominent position since 1838. The planned colony of…

Stow Memorial Church was built between 1865-1867 as a memorial to Reverend T.Q. Stow. While he was not directly linked to this church, Stow played a big part in establishing Congregationalism in South Australia. Robert George Thomas won a…

Due to the growing population in the southwest corner, in 1853 the Anglican community decided to build a new church that could seat 450 in Whitmore Square. The Society for the Propagation of the Gospel in Foreign Parts provided the land.The Bishop of…