St Paul's Creative Centre

St Paul’s Anglican Church was one of several Anglican churches built in the city in the early colonial period. For many years the city’s Anglican community worshipped at Holy Trinity on North Terrace, St Luke’s in Whitmore Square, and St John’s on Halifax Street. In 1860, St Paul’s Anglican Church opened on Pulteney Street. The rectory (now the home of The Jade Monkey) was built soon after in 1863.

Many prominent South Australians were members of St Paul’s congregation in the nineteenth century, including Sir John Bray, Dr Moritz Richard Schomburgk, and Sir Henry Ayers. In 1909, Henry’s daughter-in-law Ada Ayers, commissioned the city’s only Tiffany windows for St Paul’s in tribute of her late husband and children.

With declining congregation numbers through the twentieth century, the church was eventually decommissioned in 1983. Thereafter, it became a function centre and later a nightclub.

The former church is now the home of St Paul’s Creative Centre, a collaborative co-workspace for South Australia’s creative industries and arts sectors. The Music Development Office, located at St Paul's Creative Centre, provides assistance and support to South Australia's music industry.  

St Paul's Creative Centre is also the home of the SA Music Hall of Fame. Founded by Adelaide radio legend David 'Daisy' Day, the hall of fame recognises and celebrates South Australia’s rich and diverse music industry. Many famous South Australians have been inducted into the hall of fame, including Julie Anthony, Sister Janet Mead, and the members of Cold Chisel.


Adelaide: UNESCO City of Music 
In December 2015 Adelaide’s outstanding contribution to music was internationally recognised when it was named Australia’s first UNESCO “City of Music”.Photographs & vision in order of appearance:1) Members of the...
View File Record



corner of Pulteney Street and Flinders Street, Adelaide ~ The SA Music Hall of Fame is open to the public weekdays from 10am to 4pm.