Hotel Richmond

Licensed from New Year’s Eve 1838 as the Cornwall Inn by William John Williams, the first publican, the hotel traded as the Plough and Harrow Hotel from 1844. After being rebuilt for the fourth time in 1927 to the design of Murray Richardson, it was…

The Arab Steed Hotel

The Arab Steed is one of the first hotels in the southeast corner of the city, and since September 1849 there has been a hotel named the ‘Arab Steed’ on this site. The first, like many early colonial businesses, appears to have been a single-storey…

Beresford Arms

This former hotel is one of the city’s most important and precious heritage sites despite its humble appearance. The simple structure was built in 1839, just two years after Colonel William Light first laid out the city. The hotel is named Viscount…

Prince Albert Hotel

The Prince Albert Hotel shows how drinking establishments developed in the southwest corner in the very early days of the colony. Built in 1854, it has strong connections to South Australia’s early German community. The name honours Queen Victoria's…