The Grand Picture Theatre opened on 30 November 1916 for the Lord Mayor and other dignitaries before it officially opened to the public the next day with ‘The Fool’s Revenge’. In the early 1930s, the auditorium was modified to an Art Deco style, and…

West's Olympia Cyclorama was Adelaide's first permanent theatre. It opened on this site on 5 December 1908. The building once housed a skating rink. In 1939 the theatre's owner, T.J. West, decided to knock it down and build a modern one in its place.…