Originally known as Stow Memorial Congregational Church, this church was built between 1865-1867. It joined with the nearby Pirie Street Methodist Church in 1969, and in 1976 the church was renamed the Pilgrim Uniting Church. The church is home to a significant collection of stained glass windows dating between 1902 and 2002.
There are four categories of stained glass in Pilgrim Uniting Church: glass that is original to the building; glass that was installed from the Pirie Street Methodist Church; glass that was taken from an unknown church in England; and modern stained glass.
The Clerestory windows can be found high on the walls above the aisle pillars. These were designed and installed in sets of three, with each set representing a different Biblical story. The Clerestory windows have varied origins, some original to the building while others were from the Pirie Street Methodist Church and the unknown British church. They all date from the early 20th Century.
Alongside the aisles are smaller windows, each displaying the words of God as recorded in the Gospel of St John. These windows are original to the church and were installed between 1925-1926.
The Pilgrim Uniting Church also has two Rose windows, which is unusual for a single church. The western Rose window is accompanied by two smaller stained glass windows below it. The Rose window in the Nave features ten cherubs surrounding a crucifix. These windows date from the 1920s to the 1950s.
A more recent addition to the church can be found on the eastern side. The Millenium Window was created by South Australian artist Cedar Prest in 2002. The window was designed to recreate the effect of Rose windows in European churches. Below the Millenium Window are smaller lancet windows, named so because of their arch shape.