Waterhouse Chambers

Occupying the other prime site is Waterhouse Chambers, a group of shops and offices built in 1847-1850 for Thomas Greaves Waterhouse.

Thomas, a financier, and his brother John operated a grocery business on Rundle Street before returns from the Burra Burra copper mine enabled Thomas to build these chambers. Thomas was the director of the South Australian Mining Association which occupied the building.

Waterhouse Chambers remains one of the oldest office developments in Adelaide.

Map

1-5 Rundle Mall (south side)