Hotel Richmond

Licensed from New Year’s Eve 1838 as the Cornwall Inn by William John Williams, the first publican, the hotel traded as the Plough and Harrow Hotel from 1844.

After being rebuilt for the fourth time in 1927 to the design of Murray Richardson, it was renamed the Hotel Richmond after the birth place of the then owner Charles Richmond John Glover. His parents, publican Charles Peter Glover and his wife Hannah (nee Shortland), were involved with the hotel since 1859 and gifted it to him in 1903.

The Richmond is one of the ten oldest city hotels trading in its original location under its original licence.

Map

128-130 Rundle Mall (north side)